Saturday, March 9, 2013

BLACK INK'S SHORT CUTS

When our publisher thought of publishing short stories aside from our regular series and novels for BLACK INK COMICS, we came up with the title SHORT CUTS. This imprint has 3 versions; the regular fantasy-horror genre, the twisted fairy tales, and the Manga. It is also consisted of 3 twenty pages short stories in English or Tagalog per book.

I'd just like to share some of the pages of the very first short story I made for Short Cuts. I thought of writing an environmental theme since my personal advocacy is to promote awareness on Global Warming and Climate Change (I worked on a project regarding this matter few years back). This also marked my reunion with artist ROLANDO ENRIQUEZ. Rol was my illustrator for WOLFGANG, my first mainstream novel serialized in ALIWAN KOMIKS during the (almost forgotten) "glorious days" of Philippine Comics.








CHLOROPHYLL will be featured in the next wave of Short Cuts to be released probably next month (April 2013). And by the way, I did the digital enhancements and the texts for this material. Just a product of my curiosity on how Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator work (hehehe). Again--I have proven--lahat ng gusto nating matutunan, maabot at marating ay puwedeng makuha sa tiyaga.

No comments: